The Family Center staff is passionate about helping our community understand the vast and devastating effects of childhood trauma, including abuse and neglect, so they can empower parents to create safe, stable and nurturing relationships. To that end, The Family Center works closely with agencies and organizations to provide tailored professional training for staff who work with or on behalf of children, parents, and families.
- recognizing, reporting, and responding to child abuse and neglect
- Adverse Childhood Experiences (ACEs): understanding the link between child maltreatment and adult health and well-being
- the role of life experiences in shaping brain development
- how to effectively engage parents with a history of trauma
- trauma-informed care
- creating and maintaining a trauma-informed organization
To schedule a professional training session for your staff contact Brad Palmertree at 615.333.2644 x15
WE NEED YOUR HELP!
We know you’re passionate about children having the resources needed to excel! Today they need your help… these bipartisan-supported programs are at risk:
- Children's Health Insurance Program (CHIP)
- Maternal, Infant, & Early Childhood Home Visiting program (MIECHV - pronounced McVee).
75% of funding for Tennessee's evidence-based home visiting programs for higher risk children are federal dollars. THOUSANDS of TN children are at risk. Please call your Senators Alexander and Corker… ask them to pass Senate Bill S1829! Click here for some talking points. There is also a script below that you can easily read.
Some points to keep in mind while calling:
Be polite and respectful to the person who answers the phone. They’re likely an intern.
- You may be asked for your zip code – please provide your personal zip code. This is how some offices keep track of constituent calls and confirm that you are indeed a constituent.
- You are calling in support of this program & policy - not in support of or opposition to the senator/representative.
- Rep. Jim Cooper's district (Davidson/Cheatham/Dickson) 202.225.4311 or 615.736.5295
- Murfreesboro area: Rep. Scott DesJarlais (pronounced Day-Shar-lay) 202.225.6831 or 615.896.1986
others: Rep. Diane Black 202.225.4231 or 615.206.8204
- To verify your correct representative, please click here.