The Family Center staff is passionate about helping our community understand the vast and devastating effects of childhood trauma, including abuse and neglect, so they can empower parents to create safe, stable and nurturing relationships. To that end, The Family Center works closely with agencies and organizations to provide tailored professional training for staff who work with or on behalf of children, parents, and families.
- recognizing, reporting, and responding to child abuse and neglect
- Adverse Childhood Experiences (ACEs): understanding the link between child maltreatment and adult health and well-being
- the role of life experiences in shaping brain development
- how to effectively engage parents with a history of trauma
- trauma-informed care
- creating and maintaining a trauma-informed organization
To schedule a professional training session for your staff contact Brad Palmertree at 615.333.2644 x15