Volunteer With us
UPCOMING VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES
Family Engagement Liaisons
We're looking for several volunteer Family Engagement Liaisons! This is a great opportunity to volunteer from home, during days, evenings, or weekends and help families improve their children’s resilience! This role commits to:
- training to better understand The Family Center, it’s clients and their needs, and how to serve as an effective virtual liaison with families
- connecting at regular intervals with up to 10 families (calls and/or texts on scheduled 30day, 90day, 6mos, and 1yr follow ups)
- providing feedback from clients through email to our program team members
- helping clients connect with community resources when needed
- maintaining client confidentiality
- a background check to ensure compliance with the Department of Children’s Services’ CAP requirements
Thank you for your interest in volunteering with us!
Ending multigenerational cycles of trauma takes a whole community. If you're passionate about helping families, your community and our amazing advocates we need you on our Team! Plus! According to Harvard Health, volunteering created a "happiness effect", and volunteering weekly leads to happiness levels comparable to a life-changing salary boost.
Just fill out this quick form to help us get to know you and our Volunteer Coordinator, Jenna, will get in touch with you shortly!
The Family Center supports your volunteer efforts through:
- ongoing support and timely responses to questions or needs
- regular opportunities to connect with other volunteers for sharing and connections
- providing resource lists
- identifying ways to help clients when needs arise
- covering the costs of backgrounds checks
- knowing you’re helping families maintain what they’ve gained through The Family Center’s programs which helps increase resiliency in their children
- helping The Family Center stay connected with clients once they graduate from our programs
- furthering The Family Center's mission of breaking multigenerational cycles of childhood trauma