Volunteer With us
UPCOMING VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES
Family Engagement Liaisons
We're looking for several volunteer Family Engagement Liaisons! This is a great opportunity to volunteer from home, during days, evenings, or weekends and help families improve their children’s resilience! This role commits to:
- training to better understand The Family Center, it’s clients and their needs, and how to serve as an effective virtual liaison with families
- connecting at regular intervals with up to 10 families (calls and/or texts on scheduled 30day, 90day, 6mos, and 1yr follow ups)
- providing feedback from clients through email to our program team members
- helping clients connect with community resources when needed
- maintaining client confidentiality
- a background check to ensure compliance with the Department of Children’s Services’ CAP requirements
The Family Center supports your volunteer efforts through:
- ongoing support and timely responses to questions or needs
- regular opportunities to connect with other volunteers for sharing and connections
- providing resource lists
- identifying ways to help clients when needs arise
- covering the costs of backgrounds checks
- knowing you’re helping families maintain what they’ve gained through The Family Center’s programs which helps increase resiliency in their children
- helping The Family Center stay connected with clients once they graduate from our programs
- furthering The Family Center's mission of breaking multigenerational cycles of childhood trauma
Thank you for your interest in volunteering with us!
Ending multigenerational cycles of trauma takes a whole community. If you're passionate about helping families, your community and our amazing advocates we need you on our Team! Plus! According to Harvard Health, volunteering created a "happiness effect", and volunteering weekly leads to happiness levels comparable to a life-changing salary boost.
Just fill out this quick form to help us get to know you and our Volunteer Coordinator, Jenna, will get in touch with you shortly!